Thrift lovers unite in 2016! With 2015 behind us and surely more thrift shopping in our futures in 2016, I thought it would be fun to look back at some of my favourite items/posts of last year. It was interesting to examine my old posts and reflect on which thrifted and gifted items became favourites, brought joy and were just generally more useful. Of course there were other items that ended up kind of falling to the wayside. And that's just as telling, isn't it?
I highly recommend looking back at your old purchases to help you find better, more useful treasures going forward! It goes back to the advice of popular organization expert Marie Kondo - keep only those items that bring you joy. And each of the items pictured above gives me joy.
- Back in spring I got these lovely plates
- My sister gave me this beautiful blue and white soup tureen that I love using
- I added these lidded soup bowls to my cheery collection of orange flower vintage dishes
- I feel joy each time I see this owl pillow
- More lovely mismatched dishes to use for food photography
- And still more dishes and cutlery for food pics (can you tell I love plates?)
- There's just something about a little Pyrex dish filled with berries
- I reach for these little Asian bowls all the time (for miso soup, ice cream, sauces)
- Technically not received in 2015, but I did this post about my fave blankets that granny made
My thrift store road map for 2016 is steering me towards even more plates and accessories for food photos - clearly I never tire of them. More Pyrex is always welcome. And hopefully every so often I'll be able to go thrifting with my sister - because she visits different areas of the store and finds me great things, like that cute owl pillow and even clothes sometimes (because I am far too lazy to look through racks of clothing).
What does your 2016 thrifting road map look like?
Linking up with Vintage Charm.
Vintage Bliss Tuesdays - Join The Party!
Please grab the code for the Vintage Bliss button and encourage others to join our party! Or you can use a text link instead. Please follow Woman in Real Life on Bloglovin' or Google Friend Connect to be reminded when it's party time. And invite your friends. The more the merrier. Cheers!