As promised, here is the recipe for the delicious sangria I was lucky enough to sample when some friends had a pool party last weekend.
Several of the women who attended the party had already shared and made this recipe. Make it and you will see why.
Pool Party Sangria
Keywords: beverage wine pomegranate juice summer
- 1/2 cup of orange liqueur (our lovely hostess used orange juice instead)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1 orange, cut in wedges & sliced or a variety of orange, lemon and lime slices
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds - optional
- 3 cups sparkling Shiraz or sparkling dry white wine (our hostess recommends Prosecco)
- 2 cups of ice cubes
In a large pitcher, combine orange liqueur or orange juice with sugar.
Stir until sugar dissolves.
Add pomegranate juice, orange slices & pomegranate seeds, if using. Stir well. Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve.
Stir in sparkling wine just before serving. Add ice cubes to glasses and pour sangria over top.
For a non-alcoholic version, substitute soda water instead of sparkling wine.
Powered by Recipage