Thank you to the sweet and generous Wendy at Salt and Wine for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger award. Check out this Florida mom’s fabulous blog to share in her creative ideas for healthy, harmonic daily living.
I used to write press releases about other people’s awards at work, and it is strange (and very nice) to write about an award you got yourself. Read on to hear some items from my "bio," such as it is.
The rules (for those bloggers who choose to accept):
- Grab the Versatile Blogger button.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass along the love! Nominate 15 of your favourite blogs.
- Inform each nominee with a comment on their blog.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
Seven things about moi...
- I have a degree in English literature and an MA in journalism. If a book is easy to read, I can’t help feeling that’s just wrong somehow.
- When skills were passed around at birth, I got an ability to proofread. Mistakes on a page have a way of popping out at me. Not sure how that ranks as a skill overall…oh, and please don’t find an error on this page.
- My sister-in-law (the English teacher) and I once performed poorly while playing word games as a team at a bridal shower. I can’t explain it, but I am not that great at word scrambles either.
- I am not technically vegan. I eat eggs occasionally and, once in a blue moon when I buy a coffee, I put a spot of milk in it. I don’t wear leather, though, and I do prefer to use vegan recipes. I have never intended for my blog to be “about” being vegetarian. That’s just a big part of my everyday living.
- I love the ocean, but all I am close to is a water drainage pond. That’s why planes were invented, I suppose.
- I am a big fan of simple pleasures, like tea, scones, cake, books, music (especially Ryan Adams), sunshine and hiking. But, you probably already knew that.
My 15 picks...
Here are some of my favourite blogs. I don’t know what the rules are for how big a following the award recipients can have. These are mostly newer blogs, with a few more established blogs. Whatever. I just love them all.